Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Affinity

Affinity
I vaguely recall previously authoring this song, so I'm backdating its copyright to 2007. Sorry, but it takes longer to detect my rewritten older works now - after I rewrote so many other thousands of them in the last six years. If anyone else still has it from my first posting, prosecute the offender. And I share my music is for the private home use of my listeners. Any other use will be legally prosecuted.

Almost set for extension
Dimensions far and near
Challenging comprehension
And forestalling all fear
Leaving a channel open
Ringing notes transpire
As I aspire to my
Austerity

I recall in the past when
I thought I had it rough
The worst apprehensions I had then
Were hardly more than a bluff
Less interference without a
Strangely adjusted view
Peacefully freed for a new
Discovery

Low expectancy
Plenty of time to demolish
Drudgeries more to acknowledge

More known, less to see
Sporting an air of detachment
Wait for the moment to happen

What an elation to see you
Looks like it's been a while
I wouldn't have dared to believe you
Still had the same cute smile
Through the formalities that
Clutter the light of day
Some possibility of
Affinity

Old fiend surfacing
Keeping the meeting informal
Balancing close to the carnal

No uncertainty
Whether to stay in the distance
Or shove aside this resistance
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2007, 2016. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment