Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Answer Is More Work

The Answer Is More Work
I've tried everything I can think of to get my visibility program working in Songs That Don't Rhyme. I'm afraid that whatever code is being used to create that sliding effect on every page drastically reduces my programming options. So you'll just have to click your way through that one. Sorry, but I have a lot of pages to program and I don't want to get bogged down. As for my last post in that blog appearing first with every new page loaded, I think I can work within that condition to make sure that none of my readers get confused about the identity of the lying violators.

[5:43pm:] It looks like I just guessed right about how to code those links into my poetry pages. I had a wild hunch about something that might work and it turned out to be the solution. I'm a very intuitive programmer. Well, any job worth doing is worth doing well. We'll lose the visited color on those pages, but I'll see that everything else functions normally. Geez, just when you're ready to give up, you end up overcoming your problems. What a drag.

[6:15pm] I see that my new JavaScript script works when multiple posts are displayed on one scroll. I used the solution I shared in my Evolver blog. (Can't recall the title of the post.) I guess I got lucky with how I decided to script it. But later I will need to redo all the hundreds of pages I've already just reprogrammed. God, this progress is a pain.

[7:40pm] I'm starting to go cross-eyed from staring into my source code, so I better call it a day. In the end, I'm glad I was able to overcome that HTML problem by using an incremental loop, just as I suggested in my Evolver blog. Nice to know my logic is sound.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2016. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment