Sunday, January 24, 2016

Bad Signals

Bad Signals
Do you see how I could occasionally be overcome by the immorality of this situation as it lingers on? Oh, for instance, who wrote Linger in 2011, everyone? Was there some confusion about who wrote that song? Did the people who tried to steal it think I haven't suffered enough? Are they trying to be like their idols on TV? Hey, big broadcasters, do your followers think it's okay for strangers to commit vicious crimes against me when all I wanted to do was entertain people with my own music and humor? Are you allowed to use your broadcasting influence to provoke crimes against innocent artists on the web?

And who dreamed up all my scripts and cartoons and poems? Sure are a lot of them. Imagine how much money I'd have if I got paid for them instead of broadcasters getting crowds to pay criminals to steal them from me and assassinate my character with them. And there's nothing like having to face a new crowd of misled fans every week because so many stars ripped you off. Is Seal all finished having his hit with the song I wrote when I thought mom was dead? So now I'm supposed to face all his idiot helpers myself, am I? Imagine how far I'd be along if his helpers helped people who write songs instead of people who steal them. How many workers are there like that in the business? I bet they're afraid of how my success would affect their employment.

Got the cartoon finished. I wanted to finish it yesterday, but I was too exhausted after I had to draw up a partial list of Saturday Night Live's known offenses for my Copyright Issues page. I now recall formerly sharing this particular story, but I'm sure I drew less than ten A.P. cartoons. Check old issues of MAD Magazine for them. I think Mike Myers may have found additional territory for Powers in other areas of my old Blogger account.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2016. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment